Block Right Click

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Cooper's Hawk

For my number one friend, fan and stalker! I don't know what I would do without your constant harassment! Here are the photos of the Cooper's Hawk I promised you! This one came by for lunch yesterday afternoon. Look at the intensity in the eyes in these photos.



Notice the squirrel on the tree behind the Hawk on the right!

 Coming in for the kill! This is a common shot actually. When I am fortunate enough to catch a hawk in the Maple outback, I always miss the wing shot. I was zoomed in at 300 mm when it flew right at me and I missed the complete wing span. Always disappointing! Of course had I been shooting horizontal instead of vertical I may have gotten the full wings. It's always a "woulda, coulda, shoulda" situation. I don't know what he caught; a mole, a vole or a field mouse, but many thanks! 

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures baby. I'm disappointed I'm not your number one stalker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you have a promising future! You are in the top 5. In the mean time, keep practicing ;)

      Delete
  2. Testing testing...can I post again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Testing, testing -- yes, it appears so! Let me know if problems occur again! Thanks.

      Delete