Block Right Click

Monday, February 25, 2013

Eastern Meadowlark

I spotted this Eastern Meadowlark on the side of State Rd 59 in Linton, Indiana yesterday. This little guy has no idea how lucky he is to still be alive considering my partner was driving when we passed him. This isn't a great shot or anything special, but the corncobs in the image are an excellent reference for scale. I've never seen a Meadowlark outside of a bird book before, so this was a pleasant surprise. Many thanks to my partner who puts up with my "stop, stop, stop, stop, stop, STOOOOOOP"s and my "Go back, go back, go back"s every time I see a bird. 

Much harder to spot the Eastern Meadowlark in its natural element. No wonder I have never seen one before.

Awe! This sweet little guy is serenading me.


No comments:

Post a Comment