Block Right Click

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Sadie the Cat and the Great Blue Heron


Anybody who knows Sadie the Cat will understand why this Great Blue Heron 5x her size would run (or rather fly)! After all, Sadie has tamed 6 dogs ranging from 50 lbs. - 115 lbs. Sadie likes to showcase her hunting prowess by bringing me presents. Usually she leaves them dead on the door step, but occasionally they are merely wounded and still alive. I have no idea how she was going to get this bird to the door, but I don't put anything past this feisty feline.

This post has been sitting in the draft box for quite a while now, but I decided to post it today because last night Sadie brought me a gift. At 11:00 pm last night Sadie sauntered right past me and into the house with something in her jaws. I screamed "Nooooooooo! No Sadie! Noooooo!" So surprised by my dismay, Sadie dropped 'it' right in the middle of my kitchen floor. My worst fear was that it was a mole (ugly creatures) but to my surprise it was a very much alive, female, house sparrow that flew straight away, off the bounce, through the house. At which time 6 dogs, 1 cat and 2 humans followed in hot pursuit. The scene that followed can only be described as reality show meets Warner Brothers cartoon. 

No telling how long Sadie carefully held that poor little bird in her jaws waiting for me to open the door, but lucky for the bird, I did finally open the door. The bird hid indoors all night and I finally managed to usher her out a window first thing this morning! My thought for today? "CAT FOR SALE!"



No comments:

Post a Comment