Block Right Click

Thursday, April 24, 2014

American Kestrel - Snow

This American Kestrel (male) crashed into my sun-room window and landed safely, though head first, in a snow covered bush. Note the snow packed between his lore and his nostril. Having landed just inches from the window, I was able to get several nice shots while he gathered his composure. After several minutes recuperating, he was able to fly away. I thought surely he had learned his lesson about hunting smaller birds at the feeders, but no, he returned the next day. December 2013.

Nikon D7100 | Nikon AF-S VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 IF-ED

1 comment:

  1. D...
    Great picture. Definitely good enough to publish.
    I don't this I have ever seen one of these birds. I love the color of
    this bird...Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete