Block Right Click

Friday, April 19, 2013

Mount Evans - Vanilla Icing

I love how this wall of snow looks like Vanilla Icing. 

North America's highest auto road (14,260 ft or 4,346.5m). A view of the road to the summit of Mount Evans, near Denver Colorado. Yes, it is every bit as scary as it looks. One wrong move and you could be taking a short cut to the bottom. This photo was taken shortly after the road opened for the season, in early June of 2008. The road is open when weather is cooperative from the end of May through October. Truly one of the most exciting and breath taking drives of my life! I've got to do this again! 


2 comments:

  1. Denise,

    What a scarry road. I would have to be medicated to drive this road.

    I have been waiting all week for you to update your pictures.

    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, i took it on two wheels the whole way while hanging out the window shooting photos.

      I was on vacation!!

      Delete