Block Right Click

Monday, April 8, 2013

Wood Ducks

Every Spring and Fall I have a incredibly shy pair of Wood Ducks stop in for a few days. These two stayed for the weekend, but I haven't seen them today....they have probably moved on by now. They are difficult to keep track of though, because they are so shy they tend to hide when they see or hear human activity. Many thanks to my partner for putting up with my demands ( ie. "don't let the dogs out" and "No! you can't work in the yard today"). Knowing me, by mid week I will be screaming about the lawn not being finished:) You just gotta love me for my honesty;) 

Wood Ducks in the pond the first week of April 2013.

The female Wood Duck.

The male Wood Duck.


2 comments:

  1. Denise,
    Good pictures. Are you sure you didn't put some wood decoys in the water?

    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete