Block Right Click

Thursday, July 4, 2013

4th of July - Indianapolis

July 4th, 2013 Indianapolis, Indiana.
I have never successfully photographed fireworks before, though I have tried exactly twice (once by land and once by sea and I doubt you could tell the difference between those photographed on land and those shot from that heaving boat). So today I read a "How To" article on the web and set out to accomplish a couple nice photos for you guys. Here they are. Enjoy! For those of you who might like to read that wonderful article on how to photograph fireworks - this link's for you! Photograph Fireworks.

Nikon D300 | Nikon AF-S VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 IF-ED

Photos shot at ISO L1.0 (equiv ISO 100),  f/6.3,  focal length 95-100mm (142-150mm equiv), exposure time 4-5 seconds, manual focus (set to infinity and fine focused), tripod mounted, wireless remote shutter release and VR (vibration reduction) off. 


2 comments:

  1. Denise,

    Those are really nice pictures. Now I wish I had gone to see the fireworks with you.

    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still love this picture. Such great colors.

    Love..

    ReplyDelete