Block Right Click

Monday, July 8, 2013

Red-Headed Woodpecker


A Red-Headed Woodpecker at my feeder. A very rare event. The Red-Headed Woodpecker, as a species, is declining due to habitat loss and is no longer breeding in the northeast where they are now considered rare. But who really cares about the birds when we can have a big box store, selling cheap crap and paying shit wages on every corner instead, right? It truly is just heart breaking when you consider what the trade-off  really is. At any rate, I was very happy to see this bird at my feeder last month considering it may have been the first and last time I will ever see one in my life. 

Nikon D5100 | Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm  f/3.5-5.6G ED VRII 

1 comment:

  1. Nice picture of Woody Wood Pecker.

    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete