Block Right Click

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Garfield Park Conservatory and Sunken Garden.

Nikon D300 | Nikon AF-S VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 IF-ED | Hoya 67mm +2 magnification Lens  

Garfield Park Conservatory and Sunken Garden.

I wanted to try out a new close-up lens set yesterday, so I took the camera to Garfield Park Conservatory and gave the Hoya 67mm +2 lens a trial run. The Hoya close-up lens set comes with 3 lenses (+1,+2,+4) that thread into the end of your lens and can be stacked to increase magnification. A nice, affordable alternative to a macro lens, at less than 10% the cost.  It is definitely going to take some time to master using a magnification lens, as most of my images were blurry. A tripod would have been useful, but not permitted in the conservatory!  However, I was pretty pleased with this photo and I know someone had wanted to see a photo shot with a magnification lens, so here you go. I love the depth of field achieved with the +2 lens at f/4.5. This is the full image, it is not cropped. Image was resized and resolution reduced for web publication. I have no idea what this plant is. If anyone knows, please post in comments or text message me:) Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Great photo. ...it looks like the filters are a grwat choice. Had a great day with you. I am looking forward to seeing more pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an orchid, Denise. I do not know which one, as there is a huge variety of orchids. Nice close-up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - I definitely agree with orchid. Wish I could figure out what kind! Would still be interested in knowing....if anyone can help out, please let me know.

      Delete