Block Right Click

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Pearl Truck


Yesterday evening my partner and I ran into a local retail store for a new truck battery and some mangoes. As we checked out, the cashier, a very congenial lady, and I became engrossed in conversation. She also needed a battery for her truck, which she is transforming into a show truck. At one point she was telling us about the color she had selected. She decided on a beautiful pearl white as the primary color for the truck, to which I replied was a lovely feminine color. You know the gorgeous pearl color that is a huge hit with grannies and Cadillac (sorry sis). At any rate, it was then that I noticed the family in line behind us. The children were snickering and the wife was fighting back a smirk, while the husband just grimaced and shifted his weight uncomfortably from one leg to the other. The cashier went on about how pretty and girly the truck was going to be and I remarked how emasculating the color alone was, that her husband would never drive her truck again. We all got a hardy chuckle and when the transaction was complete we took our battery and produce to the car. My partner took her sweet time returning the cart to the cart corral and just as she was returning to the car the lovely family from the checkout line exited the store. The lights flickered on the vehicle parked directly in front of us as the family all climbed into the beautiful, feminine, emasculating, pearl colored, pick-up truck!

I burst into laughter and quipped....."What are the odds"? My partner completed the question with  ..."of you sticking your foot in your mouth?"

Good point dear!

Now anyone who knows me  knows that when I open my mouth the chances of me inserting my foot are pretty darned good, but seriously, what are the odds of this happening to someone who doesn't live in the twilight zone? 

5 comments:

  1. Now that was seriously funny, nothing like that ever happened to me until I met you. My life was just dull and mundane until you, now its one hilarious situation after another...I wondered why the little guy was squirming, I just thought he had to go to the bathroom.

    Thank you for livening up my life....I love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure you say that now, but when you are surrounded by 6 police officers with guns pointed at you... or you are ejected from the doctors office, booted from the dentists office or trespassed from the grocery store you lose your sense of adventure pretty quick!

      Delete
    2. That grocery store thing was just a teensy misunderstanding....the police really didn't need to get involved. In hind sight, its pretty funny, I needed a new doctor anyway, a Dr named MacDoofus, probably isn't a good choice. I am ready for some adventure, maybe we can get tossed from Steakn Shake this coming weekend

      Delete
  2. Only if you promise I can have a chocolate banana side-by-side shake! Chipz

    ReplyDelete
  3. On my way home tonight I saw the only color more emasculating than Cadillac's pearl white. Which according to Cadillac is officially called "Fairy Dust."the most emasculating color is Mary Kay pink....

    ReplyDelete