Block Right Click

Friday, August 31, 2012

Camp Day 1

Made it to the campground - only got lost twice today....but finally found my way to the campground. Found two sand dollars this morning walking the beach at sunrise. That was the best part of the day!

The wind has been blowing so hard I didn't even bother setting up tent yet. Had a very lovely dinner with Scott and David the campers adjacent to my campsite.After dinner the boys introduced me to everybody at  at the campground. If you are LGBT you know that I do mean literally EVERYbody. Gay men are wonderful socialites. Don't worry dear --- No women at all here;)

It is nearly 8pm...I haven't slept since I woke this morning at 4:00 ---So I figure I have had roughly 7- hours of sleep since I left Indiana Wednesday afternoon.I do need to get some sleep tonight so I don't start getting crazy ---that happens with sleep deprivation. I'd rather not get to that point. I should sleep well even through these wicked winds. Nyxy is already sawing logs next to me - that's my guard dog!

Still have so much to tell you guys...so many more stories, but so little time. And seriously bad internet service here....hope I can get this post published (crossing fingers).

And here comes the rain. Going to be a wild weather night ---- just the kind of night you want to spend in the back of a pickup truck under a fiberglass shell! Do they have tornadoes up here? Please don't even answer that!

Gotta get some Zzzzz's now!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you made it to your destination in one piece. Hope you got some sleep last night and enjoy your vacation.

    Country Grannie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, now stop worrying! Slept 12 hours - but nearly froze to death....damn is it cold and windy up here! I thought I might be over packing so I left the third blanket at home.....wish I had it now!

      Delete
  2. I saw the blanket on the aquarium upstairs...sorry your cold, we had to turn the fan on and open the windows...miss you, wish you were here. Or better yet, wish I were there.

    ReplyDelete