Block Right Click

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Acadia National Park

Due to human error, these photos were all inserted into this post at once and not in any ideal order. Sorry, but I don't have time to redo it, so we'll have to make the best of it.
This post is really just a hodge podge of photos from here and there over the last week.
Enjoy!

Near Jordan Pond.

Took a road off the beaten path and found this waterfall.

Somewhere on the side of the road out in BFE.

The road to BFE.

Yep --out in the middle of nowhere. Best part? Not a single tourist anywhere ...just me, Nyxy and the forest all to ourselves.....for hours.

Out in the forest.

I really love the mossy forest floor and the way trees adapt to the rocky environment.

Ummmm  -- not sure what these mountains are called...I call them double D's.

Still haven't figured out what this place is....a garden of sorts.

Wow! If only I was really as tall and skinny as my shadow.

A view of Bar Harbor, from Cadillac Mountain.

The scene of my accident! See that moss on the path? It doesn't look slick, but it is!

Atop Cadillac Mountain.

Shot this bee at Cooksey Overlook waiting patiently for the Yellow-Rumped Warbler.

Nice airplane!

Nyxy waiting at the truck for me to return from the recycling bin.

One of my favorite spots.

This one too.

Another favorite spot!

Cruise ships in Bar Harbor.

I don't know.....Blue Mountains?

Three cruise ships in Bar Harbor. The two to the left are a fraction of the size of the one on the right!

Help me out here dear. What do you call this cruise ship? Behemoth? lol!
To help put things into perspective; those specks in the water (in front of the cruise ship) are full size fishing boats. 

A place where everybody and their brother stops for photos, after I stop and get my camera out. Until then the place is always vacant.

I love this road shot! I stop here every day to enjoy the view and of course to piss people off driving behind me;)

Not quite as nice, but it has its merits.

Yep, this was suppose to be the first picture on the blog today. Darn, my blogging incompetency!

Oh Geeez! I didn't want to stay the night in the Elsworth, Mal-Wart parking lot, because there were too many other RV, Truck and Van campers there. So instead I stayed at Home-Depot where I had free WiFi and the whole parking lot all to myself.....until....I woke up the following morning. Wouldn't it be just my luck to park overnight at the sight of the town's major, annual car show the next morning. I was parked just to the right of that little pine tree next to all those fire trucks...which woke me up with their "beep, beep, beep, beep" backing sounds! Sometimes you just gotta laugh.

Why so many people get hurt at National parks!

Speaking of people getting hurt at National parks. OUCH! That fall ripped the skin off my elbow! Good thing I was wearing a long sleeved sweatshirt.

The best part of being grown-up?
Smores for breakfast!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the wonderful reminders of how glorious Acadia National Park is. You are clearly having a ball. And we're really pleased about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does your mom know what you are eating for breakfeast?
    Great pictures, especially loved the trees changing color and the bee in the flower.
    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. chipz....what a great site! beautiful photos and great day yesterday. so, glad you spoted me!! Now, i just subscribed, so....im hooked up with you now! michele DeMeo

      Delete
  3. Ummm........ all the pics are beautiful...love this time of year... the trees are never disappointing...keep having fun...and stay away from the breakfast smores lol...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops I did it again! I dont know how I keep postin as you on my laptop.. I am glad you are having a good time. And I am really glad you are getting some good pictures since you are going to have to sell a lot of them to pay for my totaled truck.

    ReplyDelete