Block Right Click

Sunday, October 7, 2012

North Truro, Massachusetts

So I got lost in Massachusetts yesterday in the early, early morning hours. The last time I pulled off the road along the highway around 2 a.m. a wonderfully kind police officer pulled in behind with his blueberries on. I had thought I was very near Providence, Rhode Island until the officer pointed out where I was, just to the  northwest of Boston. Not only did he get me going back in the right direction but he wrote out the exit numbers and the highway numbers, on my map, to get me to Ptown. Thank you officer!

I did not make it to Ptown that night though. I was so tired that at about 4:00 a.m. I stopped in Hyannis and took a three hour nap in a grocery store parking lot. The next morning I really wanted a shower, so I stopped at Nauset Beach and took a shower in the beach changing house. The shower was an outdoor shower, with four wood panels hung like a cheap tool shed (only a tool shed would have been nicer and provided more privacy), but was large enough for perhaps 20 women to hang towels and change clothes and it had an open roof, similar to a pergola. The shower was on a concrete slab and did not have any hot water. It was just one of those "rinse the salt water off you" showers, so it was ICE cold.....but I didn't care...I wanted showered so bad I even took the time to wash my hair under that icy, barely trickling, water spout. The difficult part was that not only was I freezing cold, standing outdoors on a concrete slab in the chilly morning air, but I also had to hold the water button the whole time in order for the water to work, which made getting the shampoo out of my hair interesting. Afterward, I drove across the parking lot to Nauset Lighthouse, to get this photo for you Mom.


 So I was going to stay the night at the campground in Provincetown, but their site's were seriously undersized and their prices were incredibly oversized and had absolutely nothing to offer me, so I drove back out to North Truro (8 miles away) and found a nice campground where I could have a cell phone signal and free WiFi....for ten dollars cheaper per night.  Ding ding ding.......we have a winner. And that is where I set up camp. The Tufted Titmouse above flew in for a short visit yesterday afternoon and I was able to get this shot. 

Tufted Titmouse.








3 comments:

  1. Glad you are getting closer to home....great picture of the bird. Although you know that I think it looks like a Yellow Bellied Sap Sucker, are you sure you have identified it properly...I love you..Have fun while you are there. I wish I were there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that's got to suck having to shower in cold water .... Glad u found a better campsite and I love the pic of the bird he is quite cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are still among the living. Thanks for the light house picture, I loved it. Steve and I will have to do some traveling so I can see the light houses in person. Be careful.
    Love ya.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete