Block Right Click

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Mount Desert Island and Acadia

Cooksey Drive Overlook, where Nyxy and I had the entire afternoon to ourselves. We spent three hours here enjoying the ocean and the birds. We waited patiently for a photo of the Yellow-Rumped Warbler and we weren't disappointed. After getting the best shot I figured I would get of the warbler, we headed all the way back across the island to the place where I had seen the Red-Breasted Nuthatch to try to get a shot. After a short hour and a half wait the Nuthatch returned to the location where I was waiting and I got several nice shots. A rewarding day I think. I also got several nice shots from Cadillac Mountain where I fell and busted my elbow. That green moss on the rocks can be seriously slick. I'm just glad that 1) I didn't tumble right down to the bottom;) and 2) I fell early in the morning before the tour buses arrived. Although  if anyone else did get video footage please send me a copy....it's gotta be great! Unfortunately, I am in such a hurry I don't have time to post all of my favorite photos, so enjoy just a few.

Cooksey Drive Overlook.

Cooksey Drive Overlook.

Nyxy at Cooksey Drive Overlook.

Yellow-Rumped Warbler (female).

Black-Capped Chickadee.

Red-Breasted Nuthatch.

Somewhere along 198 (I think).

Bubble Pond.

I've made some modifications to the truck dear. I think the duct tape is a good match to the gray truck paint. 



4 comments:

  1. Chips,
    Great pictures. I got my post card today. The little old man, who delivered it on his mule, said it was a long way from Canada. Be careful on the rocks. How is your elbow.
    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mom. The elbow is much better today. Imagine the number one cause of park injuries is ..... "falls". When did I become so clumsy?

      Delete
  2. Wow, I can't believe it. I think my truck would now be considered a total loss.....you had better pay up. Great pictures....you photography is getting better all the time. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I still think that one is a yellow bellied sap sucker...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO! "YOUR" truck! hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

      Delete