Block Right Click

Monday, October 1, 2012

Acadia National Park, Maine

What's the weather like at Acadia today?
If you guessed it was raining again...you'd be a big winner!
I hope you enjoy the photos I managed to get between torrential down pours in the drizzling rain.

Bass Harbor Head Light. No, no, no...I am not climbing out on those slippery rocks for a better photo. Some of these tourists are just plain crazy...let me rephrase...crazier than me;)

Mallards.

Loving the colors.

Falls on the way down Cadillac Mountain.

Falls on the way up Cadillac Mountain.

I liked this red tree with the foggy mist and rock.

With all the rain there is water everywhere.

I liked this misty road.

Along the road somewhere.

Side of the road.

Again...along the side of the road.

Side of the road.

Look at how thick the fog is! There are mountains behind that fog.

That is rushing water!

I really liked the water off the rocks.

Love this one.

I guess the rain was good for some photos.

This was at Bubble Pond.

More water.

Leaving Jordan Pond. Didn't get a nice photo of Jordan Pond. Maybe today!

Looking back at the three arch bridge after passing through.

Somewhere where there are no parking signs on both sides of the road!
(I'm sure that the signs meant no parking... unless you are taking photos).

The road to Blackwoods Campground.

Fog rolling in.

Along 102, somewhere near Southwest Harbor, heading back to Seawall Campground..

6 comments:

  1. Wow I really like the picture of the misty road, can I preorder a 16x20...all the pictures are great. You're doing a fabulous job for such crappy weather. Hope you have a great day, I noticed its not supposed to rain all day today. Maybe you'll have a few good hours. Miss you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, yes you can....but it will cost you! Maybe we can take it out in trade...we'll have to see what you have that might interest me;)
      Love you!

      Delete
  2. I'm sure that the only thing I have to interest you is the poofity that I'm holding for ransom. He's getting used to me, he wags his body when I sing to him. I think you've been replaced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMFAO! I know better! For one thing you can't carry a tue in a bucket...so I aint buying that! And second Goose is my mutt and his propeller wiggles only when I sing.

      Delete
    2. that's tune, you can't carry a TUNE in a bucket ---darned typos!

      Delete
  3. Chips,
    All of the pictures were great. I think the rain did you a favor, it really added to the pictures. Hope you are haveing fun.
    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete