Block Right Click

Monday, October 15, 2012

Ptown Womens Week 2012

So I got a little behind on the blog with some seriously long travel days my last week of freedom. I really want to go back and share with you some of the interesting adventures I had in Provincetown during Women's Week 2012. 

First of all on Monday October 8th, I set out to locate Michele and Johann, two of the loveliest women you will ever meet. I located them within minutes of beginning my search and we made plans to meet up the following morning and we had a wonderful few hours together talking over coffee.

Our story actually begins four or five years earlier when we met met in Ptown during women's week. Unfortunately, we never really got the chance to get to know one another (for whatever reason our stars did not align that year). That was the year Beverly and I missed our flight on account of my taking an extra five minutes to condition my hair. Hahahahahaha! I can't believe you remembered that.....we had all but forgotten that event. Anyway, I knew a sit down session was long overdue and was determined to meet up with Michele and Johann. I am so glad we finally got the opportunity to get to know one another this year ladies. Thank you for the memories, I know we will be in touch.

  Old Friends

Michele, Johann and Me

It seems to me that we always meet the people we are suppose to meet at precisely the right time in our lives when we are meant to meet them. I never question why but it always surprises me when the moments present themselves.

I met the next couple of ladies at the Beech Forest while feeding the birds on Sunday October 7th. I really never thought I would see them again, although I did get email contact info to send them photos I had snapped of them feeding the birds. The following morning I emailed the photos to them and to one other woman whose daughter I got a photo of feeding the birds as well. I never saw the lady or her daughter again during my visit. These two, on the other hand, just kept turning up everywhere. Yippee! My own personal stalkers. Right On!

New Friends

Me, Julia and Deb

On Monday night I was looking for something to do and with my lovely concierge (Bev) on the phone I was trying to decide on which event I wanted to see. Bev texted the evenings show list to me and I had settled on the theater to see a play, but finally decided on a walk instead. On a whim I popped into the HRC (Human Rights Campaign) store and had a look around when all of a sudden Julia entered....then Deb. I was delighted to see them because I really did want some company that night. We walked around briefly and I joined them for a wonderful dinner at Ross' Grill. After dinner we had a nice long walk down Commercial Street with Nyxy and then parted ways. The following morning they showed up at the coffee shop where I had met up with Michele and Johann. I tell ya, we were meant to be friends. You simply can't deny that three chance meetings in three days are the result of some divine meddling. I really did enjoy the short time we had together and I am sure we will keep in touch. I mean we have already spent enough time together to rent a U-Haul and move in together, haven't we? LOL! Thank you for making my trip that much brighter!

1 comment:

  1. Um, excuse me...your last week of freedom. Perhaps you should rethink this blog. Im glad you had fun in Ptown...but I am more glad that you are home

    ReplyDelete