Block Right Click

Monday, October 8, 2012

Beech Forest, Provincetown

Had a great, but rainy day in Provincetown Sunday. I was in town on Commercial Street Saturday and thought it was a little too busy for my liking. I won't return again until after the holiday is over. I did have a very nice time at the Beech Forest yesterday afternoon, despite the rain. I got some wonderful photos to share with you. Enjoy.

White-Breasted Nuthatch (front).

 White-Breasted Nuthatch (back).

Red-Breasted Nuthatch.

Red-Breasted Nuthatch.

Cardinal (female).

Cardinal (male).
I really should have increased the shutter speed here... his beak is a little blurred. Can't win them all!

Eastern Towhee (male).


Downey Woodpecker (male).

This is what Wild Turkey looks like out of the bottle dear!

Red Squirrel.
Greedy little nut thief!

Eastern Gray Squirrel.

I never knew the red and the gray could exist in the same location. 


Took the next set of photos, with the cell phone with one hand metaphorically tied behind my back.

The Black-Capped Chickadee is so light it feels like a ping-pong ball on your hand.

They fly in and out by the dozens and often two at a time will land on your hand.

....and they just keep coming, one right after another.


The Tufted Titmouse finally gets the courage to stop by for a snack.

The Black-Capped Chickadee is very comfortable being hand fed,

11 comments:

  1. How we loved that place. And surely those are the very birds that Jude and June and Ade and Sue and I met? Thanks for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never forgotten that little chickadee landing on Ade's hand that time we were all there together. I thought about you guys while I was there. What a great memory.

      Delete
  2. Great bird pictures, the cardinals must have been for me.
    Have fun and be safe.
    Love ya.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool pics once again I wasn't aware those little birds would be so brave to eat from your hand... Awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures, I can't believe you managed to take them while you were feeding the bird...good job. Glad you are having a good time

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photos bringing back such great memories. Continue to enjoy your trip!
    June and Jude

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Wow! So good to hear from you two. I am glad you enjoyed the photos and that they brought back warm memories. I have been dying to see your photos from your South America trip.

      Delete
  6. Ummm...I believe I was promised the most hilarious post EVER last nite. And yet here I sit, disappointed. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not a word from you for weeks and then this little WHIMPER!
    Relax babe, I've been traveling since Tuesday afternoon. And no WiFi anywhere....when I needed it.
    Give me a minute to catch my breath, get some well needed attention from the wife and get a good nights sleep. I'll be back to blog about the week and you will get your chuckles....I promise.

    ReplyDelete