Block Right Click

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Camp Day 2

Yesterday was a beautiful day. I took a walk down to the wetland area and Nyxy enjoyed a swim. The camp owner, Jane relocated me from the top of the hill, with breathtaking view, down to a wooded site that is fully surrounded by trees to get me out of the brutal wind. The neighbor boys, Scott and David,  followed shortly after. The three of us are now tucked into this gorgeous wooded lot.

A lovely woman stopped by the camp as we are now located at the entrance to the trail, and we went for a long walk on the trails before catching up with her partner back at camp for some more pleasant conversation. They are from southern Nova Scotia and have invited me to stay with them when I am in there area in the coming weeks.

The boys cooked dinner again last night. Not your ordinary camping food. Scott is a chef! Lucky me! Last night we had meatballs, potatoes and corn, fresh off the cob and finished up with a nice hot cup of hot cocoa.

The owners put on a wonderful dance last night under a large, screened, gay-zebo! Nyxy and I were making our rounds through the campground talking with guests and never made it to the dance. After a nice long chat with Steph and Daryl I was too tired to go to the dance and returned to the truck to sleep around 11. Got into the truck and started the engine to turn on some heat when David tapped the window and told me to come to a fire. We spent the next three hours with about 15 guys around a large fire.

Susan the co-owner of the campground came out to the fire around 3:00am and brought out wool blankets for me to take back to the truck. Despite the wonderfully thick wool blankets, a sleeping bag rated to -20 degrees, a plush blanket, mittens on my hands, a bandanna wrapped around my ears, a t-shirt, sweatshirt with hood up over my head and a heavy coat I still nearly froze to death. Nyxy on the other hand slept peacefully!

I stopped by a camp site this morning on the way to the shower. I had overheard one of the girls talking about how warm her tent was last night. I stated I had heard someone had a warm tent so who was i sleeping with tonight -- three volunteers raised their hands! Isn't that nice?  Everybody is just so sweet and accommodating here. But seriously, I may be finding a hotel tonight!

The nice thing about a gay campground is that it is a lot like a huge family reunion, only you like the people.

Having a wonderful time, but am getting to the point of complete exhaustion not sleeping at nights.I have had a headache now for two days -- and I never get headaches. This one is proving a real challenge to get rid of!




No comments:

Post a Comment