Block Right Click

Friday, September 28, 2012

What a Time!

Wow! What a time I have had. Nova Scotia was beautiful and so was New Brunswick. I have had the time of my life over the last four weeks and I am very glad that my wonderful partner is supporting me and my adventure. Thank you dear!

The laptop cooling fan went out and despite my best efforts it cannot be fixed in under 2 weeks or without being shipped out. I have decided that since it is under warranty for an entire year that I will operate the laptop with or without the cooling fan. If the CPU burns up, well it burns up and HP can fix that too;)  Amazingly enough, today the cooling fan is functioning.

I am in Bangor Maine, can you believe they actually let me back in the U.S.? Of all the things I am traveling with in this truck the issue coming into the U.S. was my camera ..... really? It's apparently over value....and I didn't have papers  claiming it when I left the U.S. -- never mind the rabid dog in the back seat, eh? 

Here are some photos you missed while the laptop was down. I assure you that my photos do absolutely no justice to the beauty of the places I have seen. If ever given the opportunity, you really should see for yourself.

Got this Red-Tailed Hawk on the 101 north of Digby, NS.
(Lucky Shot)

Halls Harbour shortly after high tide (roughly 31 feet).

Another view of Halls Harbour as the tide is going out.

Halls Harbour at low tide.

Another view of Halls Harbour at low tide.

Baxters Harbour.

A view from the look-out near Scots Bay.

Cattle in a pasture near Scots Bay.

The lighthouse near Margaretsville.

Sunrise at Digby just before boarding the ferry for New Brunswick. The perfect ending
to my adventures in Nova Scotia.

For Steve! A 1924 Bentley parked next to me on the ferry.

The car deck of the ferry. This is a 480ft ferry,  the largest I have been on.
The ferry ride is 3 hours from Digby, Nova Scotia across the Bay of Fundy to St. John, New Brunswick and it rocked in the waves the whole way. I could barely walk around the ship. A deckhand told me the ship was rocking more than usual due to heavy winds the day before. Lucky me, huh?

The lighthouse on Partridge Island, coming into St. John Harbour.

Fundy National Park, New Brunswick.

Hopewell Rocks, Hopewell Cape, New Brunswick.

Hopewell Rocks (low tide).

Panoram at Hopewell Rocks.

A Dark-Eyed Junco at Hopewell Rocks.

A Northern Flicker in a Mountain Ash, at Hopewell Rocks.

Aha! Finally! The shot I have always wanted of the Northern Flicker and it only took 3 years.

Hopewell Rocks, tide coming in.

Nyxy and Me at Hopewell Rocks. Thanks for this shot Zig.

Hopewell Rocks, high tide.

Wolfe Point, Fundy National Park.

Fundy National Park, New Brunswick.
The leaves are getting more colorful every day. Fall is my  favorite season!

The multi-colored pasture makes me curious. Just west of Fundy National Park on 114.

Reversing Falls, St. John, New Brunswick.

Reversing Falls, St. John, New Brunswick (Low Tide).

Waterfront property for sale. All the excitement of the Reversing Falls without ever stepping foot outside of your house.

A Puffin just for you Mom!


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  2. great pictures, I love them all. That hawk shot was a lucky break. hope you get a good nights sleep.love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm I see somebody was impersonating me when they first commented;) I'm glad you like the pictures....Sometimes it is so aggrevating to sit for hours waiting on a bird....but when you can finally get a nice photo, it is quite rewarding. I actually pulled off the highway for the Red-Tailed Hawk and he gave me plenty of time to adjust the camera for that shot. Lucky his flight direction crossed my path so close and that his path allowed for a bright blue sky....and not directly into the sun. Yes...that one made my day;)

      Delete
  3. Thanks, Denise. As you would expect, the Hall's Harbour pictures reminded us of the beauty of the place. The bird photos are terrific as well. In fact, enjoyed it all, and thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete