Block Right Click

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Louisbourg, Nova Scotia

Any guesses what the weather is doing this morning? Yep, rain! I'm hoping it will clear up by afternoon, so I can get out and have some fun. I rolled into town a couple nights ago. Stayed the first night at the Riverdale RV Park. Had a lovely spot surrounded by trees with babbling brook running next to my site. There was also a very nice little picnic table shelter at my site. The owner was exceptionally kind and gave me the site for a flat 20 loonies on account of that was what I had in my pocket. I decided to stay the next couple of nights here in Louisbourg, because it is just a cute little town with gorgeous views and exceptional dining. The campground owner cut me a very nice deal on a two bedroom cottage for the next two nights. I have these two nice bedrooms and guess where I slept? I'm sure Bev knows.....I slept on the sofa! Got up early this morning and went to the grocery for bacon, eggs, and mushrooms. Had a wonderful fresh cooked breakfast this morning, no hash or cheesy poofs! This morning I am suffering from some wicked ear problem with my left ear. This is a perennial problem for me and I am sure the mountains, wind and rain don't help at all. Feels like the ear drum is bulging and contracting, I can also feel an incredibly strong heartbeat in the ear drum.--  uncomfortable, bordering on painful.  Yesterday Nyxy and I went out to the lighthouse, got a few nice photos. I know some of these photos could benefit from some photoshopping, but this is what it is. Pure, unadulterated photos..... au naturale!



This was back in Glace Bay.
Sometimes it's better to leave Nyxy in the truck.

And she wasn't happy about that at all!

But most of the time Nyxy tags along.

Lighthouse at Louisbourg.

View from near the lighthouse.

A view looking over the cliff at the lighthouse.

The lighthouse.

A modern day pirate ship?

The harbor at Louisbourg.

A sea urchin shell.

A Great Blue Heron on lobster cages.

Lobster cages are stacked everywhere you look.

Panoram from the lighthouse cliffs. Getting used to the lovely white skies.

The Lobster Kettle, where I had dinner my first night here.

Wonton Shrimp at the Lobster Kettle.

View from my table at the Lobster Kettle.

Blueberry Spritzer at the Grubstake.

Steak dinner at the Grubstake.

4 comments:

  1. As usual very nice pictures. I love the Light houses, and the food looks great. Old Country PaPa wants me to tell you there is a hurricane heading for you. It is coming up the Atlantic and looks like it will reach you soon. Be careful and have fun.

    Country Grannie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've been hearing about this hurricane. I thought they said it would hit Newfoundland? I'm right on the south east coast of Nova Scotia....I can see the ocean from the cottage window. I hope it doesn't make land here or I will be S.O.L.

      Delete
  2. Great pictures kid, wish I were with you, but somebody responsible has to hold the fort down. I am a little jealous your blueberry spritzer looks pretty good. I hope you get feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete