Block Right Click

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Trip Dipping

So, a couple days ago I was making my way around the north-central coast of PEI. I started out in Cavendish (at the nudest campground---I'll let you decide for yourselves whether that is truth or fiction). I drove the short distance down to the Prince Edward Island National Park in Cavendish, but was met at the gate by a law enforcement or park official. I was informed of the situation with the missing elderly man and as a result of a major organized search (which included helicopters) that the park was closed to visitors. On the advice of the officer I drove east to North Rustico, where the officer informed me he had personally seen Osprey the week earlier. So, I spent hours on rocks, in hay fields, vacant lots and along road sides photographing Terns, Gulls, American Kestrel, Eagles, and yes even Osprey (those photos are coming soon). What an amazing day it was. At some point I drove on out to a very remote beach where I almost had the entire Gulf of St. Lawrence to myself. There were only a few other ladies nearby and I really wanted to swim, but was not willing to drive around soaked for the rest of the day, so without further ado....I dropped all of my clothing there in the sand and went for a swim. Clearing the beach of visitors before my bra ever hit the sand. (well actually they just politely turned and all headed in the opposite direction. I love Canadians...they are so thoughtful!!!

Watch my clothes Nyxy!

 Forgetting all about the search party in neighboring Cavendish I continued out into the arctic cold waters and splashed about for a bit. Just as I had stepped back into my undergarments and slipped my t-shirt back on --- I looked up and saw a helicopter coming right for me following right along the shoreline. Wow - I thought --news of my skinny dip traveled quickly, huh?  

Uh Oh! 

 I  really thought I was going to be in some trouble, but then I remembered the search just to the west in Cavendish and sighed a breath of relief as the helicopter passed. I think that marked my third such dip this trip.... a little something I like to call trip dipping!  


2 comments:

  1. I wonder who would sell more tabloids?? Chipz "trip dipping" or Duchess Kate's topless sunbathing? Inquiring minds want to know :o)

    Bren

    ReplyDelete