Block Right Click

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Technology Failures

So Sprint sent me a text message yesterday informing me, that despite having added an international plan to my phone service, I had accrued nearly $80 in roaming charges. So what did I add international to my plan for? I don't even know how that is possible. I never have a signal. Bev sorted it out for me back home and it seems the phone was downloading data via emails? Whatever! Thanks for sorting that mess out dear, but the phone is not working at all now.

The internet is sketchy here and not always available because it is a wireless ISP to start with then wireless to the campers, so imagine....terribly slow! I am however thankful for it when it is available.

The coffee pot, as suspected, uses too many watts to work with my power inverter. Should have bought a new one any number of times I mentioned doing so before I left. I hate boiling water on the stove.

I have had no access to emails, or phone calls for two days. I do not know what is wrong with my gmail account --as Beverly reports they are actually arriving in another gmail account inbox that we have set up in case Nyxy was to become lost. That account is not set up on my phone, so sorry to say my emails are going unanswered!

I have tried relentlessly to download Skype to the new laptop. It aint happening!! Should have done that before I departed, but again I was running behind schedule, so I figured I would do it on the road. What a blunder, eh? I've adopted the "eh?" added to the end of most sentences here in Canada.

So in a nut shell, I am having several technology problems that prevent me from being in contact as I would like, but please don't worry. I am getting along fine.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks for the update....I was sure I had been dumped for some Canadian that sounds like Frances McDormand in Fargo.
    Also, Glad to know that the weeny mutt you hauled up there didn't roll over and kill your new laptop...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the technology has been a darned nuisance. Your trip thus far sounds eventful, though. Where, precisely, are you? Are you around Sydney? It sounds very cold. I like the sound of the people at the campground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! A nuisance indeed, but nothing that wasn't expected to a degree. Absolutely Carol - as you well know from taking this same trip just a couple years ago ---it is spectacular here.Should be in Sydney in a few days ---coming up the west side in the morning and as you know Sydney is on the opposite side of Cape Breton. Hope you are well!

      Delete