Block Right Click

Monday, September 24, 2012

Yarmouth to Grand Pré

Travelled from Yarmouth to Grand Pré today. What a beautiful day it was. Aside from some terrible stomach issues and difficulties locating public washrooms --it was a very exciting day. I am actually sitting in Kentville at the moment (it's raining...imagine that), about 16 kilometers east of Hall's Harbour. Carol --I'll be there first thing in the morning, thank you for the recommendation. I'm too tired to write much, so just enjoy some photos from my day.  

The Milton Clock on Water Street, Yarmouth, where I slept last night.
Wharf near Cape Forchu.
I just love colorful, lobster pots.
Kelp washed up on beach.
I like the ripples the tide leaves in the sand. Beach at Cape Forchu.
A Great Cormorant cleared for take-off. 
Yarmouth Light at Cape Forchu.
Another lighthouse in the bay between Yarmouth and Cape Forchu.
Common Periwinkles (small sea snails)...near the Lobster Pound. Cape Forchu.
More Periwinkles.
Wharf at Cape St. Marys (low tide).
Lighthouse at Cape St. Marys from the rocks below.
Lighthouse at Cape St.Marys.
Smugglers Cove.

Belliveau Cove lighthouse.
Yellowlegs spp. at Belliveau Cove.
A Piping Plover? (an endangered species).
Gilbert's Cove lighthouse.

4 comments:

  1. wow the pictures get better every day... I love the wharf at low tide. that picture is great as well as the lighthouse at Cape St Marys... the kids are all piled up on the couch looking zt them too. Any typos blame Bella, she keeps putting her head on the keyboard. Who knew you could take such good pictures with one of those disposable cameras.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. speaking of disposable cameras, did I mention I broke the brand new cybershot? The one that takes the nice panorams. It still works but it doesn't look pretty! My zoom lens is having problems thanks to a certain person dropping it in the street in Chicago....I think one of the focal motors is going out....and it is driving me nuts! I think Nyxy could focus it faster herself in manual mode. Glad you like the photos.

      Delete
  2. Great pictures. Love the light houses, who new there were so many still around. The lobster cages make for great shots also.
    Have fun.

    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautifully picturesque part of the world! You're turning out great photos, Denise. We hope that you enjoy Hall's Harbour as much as we did.

    ReplyDelete