Block Right Click

Friday, September 7, 2012

West Coast Panorams

The weather here completely blows (literally). Raining again today as it was yesterday from the far northern tip at Meat Cove all the way down the mountains east coast. It worked out in my favor to have gone back into Cheticamp the night before as I was rewarded with this gorgeous rainbow all the way up the west coast of Cape Breton Highlands National Park yesterday. I don't have a single photo from Meat Cove or the east coast. The winds were so strong that I couldn't get a photo outside of the truck at all. I'm going to give it a few days and try the east coast again. Blue skies make nicer photos than gray, overcast skies.

Today I am looking for a hotel, because I'm starting to look and feel like I have spent more than a week in a truck. All I really want is to lay down and take a nap. I haven't eaten since 11:00 yesterday morning and I don't even feel hungry...I'm just exhausted. I had a nice clam lunch yesterday in Pleasant Bay, which is on the far northwest side of the island. Then when the weather turned bad again all I wanted to do was get out of the mountains, so I hurried right down the east coast in the rain and fog. If you've ever seen the Scooby Doo cartoon where Scooby cuts a donut out of the fog and eats it, that's what it was like up in the mountains yesterday. 


These photos are the panorams taken with my cheap pocket size, Sony Cyber-Shot. I like these better than any of the photos taken with my Nikon. All of these are from locations along Cabot Trail.
The Gulf of St. Lawrence near the base of Jerome Mountain.

Gulf of St. Lawrence near Jerome Mt.

Pillar Rock on the far left.

Cabot Trail, coming down either French or MacKenzie Mountain.

Unknown location possibly between French and MacKenzie Mts.

MacKenzie River flowing into Pleasant Bay.

Beulach Ban Falls.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures kid, I'm really glad you are enjoying yourself. I hope you get a hotel and a little rest...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too cheap to stay at hotel...found a nice campground...had the place pretty much to myself except for creepy dude in RV.

      Delete